Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 20.4% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on January 29th. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $1.70 billion and $151.82 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for about $17.09 or 0.00241468 BTC on exchanges including Coinut, Bitstamp, ChaoEX and TOPBTC. Over the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded down 46.4% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 15.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7,105.90 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 19.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $695.44 or 0.09828140 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 21% against the dollar and now trades at $913.60 or 0.12911300 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 16.5% against the dollar and now trades at $125.88 or 0.01778930 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 22.6% against the dollar and now trades at $177.88 or 0.02513910 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 17.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $86.69 or 0.01225160 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 38.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.04 or 0.00113679 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 19% against the dollar and now trades at $292.25 or 0.04130150 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 14.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.34 or 0.00047224 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Profile
Ethereum Classic is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 99,641,001 coins. The official website for Ethereum Classic is www.ethereum.org. The official message board for Ethereum Classic is forum.ethereum.org. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Koinex, Coinone, Bittrex, BitBay, WEX, BTC Markets, BtcTrade.im, COSS, Bitstamp, RightBTC, Quoine, Upbit, BitGrail, Binance, Qryptos, Bibox, ChaoEX, xBTCe, Coinbene, Bitfinex, Bitcoin Indonesia, Korbit, BigONE, EXX, GOPAX, Coinut, EtherDelta, Gatehub, Tidex, Gate.io, Coinsquare, Bithumb, Liqui, CoinExchange, Lbank, Coinnest, Huobi, ACX, OKEx, Cobinhood, GDAX, HitBTC, Allcoin, ZB.COM, DSX, Bit-Z, CoinEgg, CoolCoin, Gatecoin, Exmo, Coinrail, CoinFalcon, Tidebit, BX Thailand, Mercatox, Cryptopia, Independent Reserve, Poloniex, Bitbank, YoBit, Mr. Exchange, Bitso, Kucoin, Bancor Network, Bitinka, Koineks, Kraken, Gemini, BTCTurk, bitFlyer, QuadrigaCX, Livecoin, CEX.IO and TOPBTC. It is not presently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.